Thursday, April 4, 2013

Playing Patience Spotlight


Title: Playing Patience

Author: Tabatha Vargo
Genre: NA Novel
Release Date: April 26, 2013

Blurb:
Sometimes all you need is Patience.

Life’s been hard for Zeke. Being a punching bag for his alcoholic father has turned him into stone. Not even the dodgy trailer park he lives in can scare him. Fighting is his release and sex, drugs, and his guitar bring him peace, but deep down Zeke isn’t quite as hard as he makes himself out to be. When he meets Patience, she finds all his broken pieces and puts him back together, but she’s a ray of light in his shadowed life and the last thing he wants to do is bring her into his dark world. Playing careless is easy, playing the bad guy can be fun, but playing Patience is impossible, especially when she can see right through him. 

Zeke isn’t the only one who’s broken, and for the first time, in a long time, Patience feels alive. Her black and white world gets a shot of color when she meets Zeke. He’s unlike anyone she’s ever met with his tattoos, piercings, and blunt honesty. She wants nothing more than to let go and ride the wild side with him, but some wounds never heal and the broken pieces of Patience aren’t so easy to find.


**Warning: this book contains graphic language, sex, and violence. Mature readers only. Not intended for young adult readers.**



I know I can't wait to get my hands on this amazing author's new novel! Playing Patience sounds brilliant!
If you havent't read any of this author's work, then I suggest you try out On The Plus Side.   Check out  my review below.  











































































































On the Plus Side by Tabatha Vargo

I was given a copy of On the Plus Side by Tabatha Vargo for an honest review. I was happy to get a chance to read it, but I thought it was going to be your typical boy meets girl and they go through a bit of drama and all is well. I was so wrong, it is so much more. I was drawn into the story and felt every emotion under the sun that these characters felt. It was so heartbreaking at times and I felt elated during other parts. I feel such a sense of excitement after finishing this book. I am emotionally charged and feel like the characters have become a part of me. I can't say enough about how much I love this book.

Lilly's character melted my heart. She is such a loving and selfless woman that wants nothing more than to work hard and find love. She has a great deal of money, but doesn't let that change who she is. I felt a certain kinship with her that kept me cheering for her strength and all around positive attitude through everything life has handed her.

Devin is a hot and spicy leading man. He is broken and devastated by the loss of his mother at a young age. He has closed himself off from feeling anything for anyone except his tomboy sister Jenny (who is awesome) and his alcoholic father. Meeting Lilly is not what he expected. He planned on doing what he needed to do in order to keep his family afloat. The chemistry between Devin and Lilly was scorching. There were a few hot and heavy scenes that blew my mind and brought a blush to my cheeks. I didn't want this book to end!

If you're looking for a book that will fill you with laughter, tears and a bit of sexy goodness then you need to read On the Plus Side. It should be at the top of your to read list!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment