Monday, August 19, 2013

Review: Redemption- R.K. Ryals

Summary: A fateful car accident, a strange Abbey ruled by an even stranger Abbess, an insane Demon, a world where right and wrong becomes dangerously twisted, and a confident, rebellious teenager . . . . Dayton Blainey is a foul-mouthed, grief-stricken young woman forced to live with a religiously eccentric aunt who favors her moral older sister. But when Dayton's life becomes intertwined with a dangerous stranger, she suddenly finds herself at the center of a war fought since the beginning of time. Trapped between what she believes is right, and a forbidden attraction, Dayton must come to terms with betrayal and her surprising lineage to stop a war before it even begins. Title: Redemption Author: R.K. Ryals Pages: 340 Rating: 4/5 Stars Review: I've had this book hanging out on my kindle for awhile. I grabbed it while it was free. Luckily, I had the opportunity to read it for the Sweet 16 Summer Splash challenge. I enjoyed this book because it wasn't your typical angel/ demon book. I loved the secrets and mysteries surrounding everything. I liked the cult aspects that were involved. I loved the sexual tension going on, it was so thick!! I wanted to jump in and help out ;) haha if you know what I mean. This book helped to change my opinion on angels and demons because they aren't my favourite to read about, but by reading this I realized that there is more to angels and demons then just the norm. I will continue on with this series. Dayton is a cool character. She is the black sheep in her "family". I love that she has badass friends and they keep her confident in herself and don't let her conform with her aunt and sister. Marcas is so SEXY!!! Holy hell! I guess it's because he had a millennia to perfect his hotness haha and it worked. If I was in Dayton's shoes I would not be resisting him haha. I can't wait to find out more about Marcas. Also I hope his mom and Dayton's dad show up for a longer appearance. I would recommend this series to those who love angels and demons. I will definitely read more books by the talented R.K. Ryals. About this author Born in Jackson, Mississippi, R. K. Ryals is a scatterbrained mother of three whose passion is reading whatever she can get her hands on. She makes her home in Mississippi with her husband, three daughters, a Shitzsu named Tinkerbell, and a coffeepot she couldn't live without. Visit her at www.rkryals.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment