Monday, December 30, 2013

Review: Silent Orchids- Morgan Wylie

Title: Silent Orchids
Author: Morgan Wylie
Pages: 238
Series: The Age of Alandria
Rating: 4/5 Stars
Summary: A dying realm.
The ancient evil of the Droch-Shúil has been unleashed. The Orchids have been silenced… but for how long? Daegan, elite of the Ferrishyn warrior tribe of Faeries, is charged with a mission to find the Sol-lumieth, a mysterious new power that could change the fate of all in the realm of Alandria. But he is conflicted by his purpose, and he cannot trust the motives of those he serves. He has too many questions and they must be answered. Kaeleigh, a girl abandoned as a small child just outside Missoula, Montana, is now 18. She is trying to discover who she is and where she belongs. In her heart, she feels she has family out there… somewhere. Desperate to unravel the mysteries of her past, she embarks on a journey that will forever change her along with her two best friends, Finn and Chel—who have secrets of their own.
Review: I grabbed this book on Amazon when it was free because it sounded interested and I really liked the cover. Also it was picked for this weeks book of the week in our book review group.At the beginning of this novel I had no idea what was going on and how the two “worlds” would collide, but when they did it blended perfectly. Although I didn’t like being strung along. I want to know everything right now! I hate waiting. LOL. Morgan Wylie definitely created a word that I could get lost in and I can’t wait to see what happens next in this epic read. And talk about a cliffhanger! Like, what was that?!? How could she be so cruel to end the story there?I really enjoyed all of the characters but I can tell they are all keeping secrets and I don’t know who I can trust. I am very excited to learn more about Kaeleigh. What/Who is she? Daegaen is a hottie, but I feel like he has a dark past. Finn is a strange character because he is very open with Kaeleigh but is also super mysterious. Chel is such a sweet girl and wears her heart on her sleeve and you can tell she really loves Kaeleigh as a friend. I’m predicting some sort of love triangle in the future. And HELLO bombshell new character at the ending! I need an explanation like yesterday! This was a great start to the series. It blended two worlds seamlessly and had the perfect amount of mystery to have me keep on reading. I literally will be reading the second book very soon! I NEED to know what will happen! I would recommend this novel to fantasy lovers.
About this author

Morgan Wylie, originally from the Pacific Northwest, now resides near Nashville, TN with her husband and daughter. She and her husband work everyday at their individual and combined creative pursuits while she learns to balance being “Mama”, wife, and mediator to the many voices and muses constantly chattering in her head. You can find her and news on her books at the following: MorganWylie.net MorganWylieBooks on Facebook @MWylieBooks on Twitter Info@MorganWylie.net Email If you are interested in requesting an ARC, please contact my publicist at Kpsimmon@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment