Monday, December 30, 2013

Review: The Inferno Unleashed Series- Jake Bonsignore

Summary: Fourteen-year-old Breena Taljain’s dreary existence in the slums of Purgaire comes to a sudden end when a chance encounter with a criminal mastermind known as the Patriarch goes horridly wrong. His assault on her for refusing to pay for her mother’s addiction leaves her comatose and teetering on the edge of life and death. Galbrecht Atalir is a washed-up doctor struggling to overcome his inner demons through alcohol and aggression. He never quite recovered from the unsolved murder of his family seven years prior. When he discovers Breena as his newest patient, he knows at once that the Patriarch is the one who eluded him for almost a decade. The medicine Galbrecht gives Breena draws her into a heavenly paradise. When it ebbs away, though, the recurring trauma plunges her into treacherous hinterlands. There, Breena must learn to find power in courage, hope, and love to overcome fiends of hatred bent on permanently ending her existence. With justice burning in his heart, Galbrecht begins a race against time to seek out the Patriarch in the underworld before Breena loses her struggle against the ever-darkening terrors of her mind…. Title: Empyreal Illusions Author: Jake Bonsignore Pages: 279 Rating: 4/5 Stars Review: This book was another read in my review book group. Unlike a lot of other reviewers, I loved the beginning of this book. I fell right into the world. The part that I had trouble with was once Breena arrived in Araboth. I couldn't tell what was real or not, even though it was flashing back and forth. I did enjoy the world that Jake Bonsignore created and all of the different creatures he described. I do wish we had gotten more information on Purgaire and more background on Breena's mother and father, like how they met. Also I. Feel like there were a lot of loose ends and hopefully they get tied up in the next book. I really liked Breena at the beginning of the book, I feel like she is very matured or her age and she was very brave. I feel bad that her life was so crappy and that her mom was such a loser. I want to know how and why her mom got addicted. Also why did Galbrecht fall off the face of the earth? He disappears and we don't hear about him again. Hopefully he will make an appearance in book two. Verku was my favourite character, I just felt drawn to him and his protector ways. I kind of hope he shows up in the "real world" so him and Breena can hook up haha. I really enjoyed this epic fantasy read and I am excited to get started on book two. I have quite a few unanswered questions that I want answered. I would recommend this novel to fantasy lovers.
Summary: Breena Taljain’s idyllic days in Araboth came to a skidding halt when circumstances forced her into the dangerous hinterlands. The dire sacrifice she made to protect her comrades tainted her heart with hatred and despair. To cleanse herself she must outrun Death’s relentless pursuit and venture into the bleak unknown. With the odds stacked against her, stumbling into love when she least expects it may very well be her saving grace. Meanwhile, succumbing to the Patriarch’s devious traps has Galbrecht Atalir questioning his motives. The folly of his recklessness has left him physical scarred and mentally traumatized. Now he must overcome more adversity as the wrath of the Sin Ministry bears down upon him. He will need more than wits and quick fists to find the truth he has sought for seven years. Alas, every second Breena is apart from Galbrecht draws her further into strife. With her world rapidly crumbling inwards, she puts everything on the line for a last stand against the ruthless force that threatens to destroy all she holds dear…. Title: Awakening The Fire Author: Jake Bonsignore Rating: 4/5 Stars Review: This is the second novel in The Inferno Unleshed series by Jake Bonsignore and it was week 10's read in my book a week review group. I had the privilege of reading. Book one, Empyreal illusions last week and I loved how this book continued seamlessly from the first. I feel like I could connect o this book better than the first one because I "knew" the difference between the two worlds and I wasn't as confused. Everything was finally making sense haha. I just found it to flow so much better than the first. But I still found that I. Had some unanswered questions. Breena really stepped up her "bad ass" in this novel. She didn't take shit for anyone. She grew up so fast over these two novels. Also she came into her own, power wise. Il iked learning about Galbrecht's family, it was some of the information that I had been craving. I do feel like his story to the back burner to Breena's and I liked it that way. I just really want to now how Breena's parents meet and how her mom became addicted. Maybe someday, fingers crossed. This was a great ending to the series , it really wrapped up the loose ends. I can't wait to read more books by Jake. I would recommend this novel to fantasy lovers.
About this author Jake Bonsignore is the author of multiple novels, including Empyreal Illusions, Awakening the Fire, and The Lioness. He is a graduate of the University of South Florida with magna cum laude honors. Outside of his literary pursuits, he enjoys playing sports and is a fitness enthusiast. He is currently working on his next book.

No comments:

Post a Comment