Thursday, October 30, 2014

Review: The Legend of the Blue Eyes by B. Kristin McMichael

The Legend of the Blue Eyes (Blue Eyes, #1)The Legend of the Blue Eyes by B. Kristin McMichael
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

What a unique creative take on vampires, werewolves and night creatures in general. I really enjoyed the storyline and the fact that it wasn't anything like the other young adult vampire books that I have read. I couldn't wait to see where the author was going with the story. To say I devoured this book is an understatement and now I am eager to begin book 2 in the series.

Arianna Grace finds out on her sixteenth birthday that she is a vampire, but not just any vampire. She has the blood of two warring clans, Baku and Dearg-dul. Each clan has their own unique abilities except for Arianna, she has the power of both. Caught in the middle and finding out she may be the key to peace is a lot to swallow, but Arianna handles it with grace and dignity. Of course it helps if you have a couple handsome young men willing to put their lives on the line to protect you. I also loved this about the story, There is no love triangle where you feel like you want to scream, but a special bond that allows for Arianna to have more than one keeper. I have to say she is a very lucky girl because I loved Devin and Turner equally.

There is so much more to the story but I do not want to give anything away and spoil it. The Legend of Blue Eyes is a great start to the series. I am anxious to find out how Arianna handles her new found position and if she can bring peace to the clans. I highly recommend this book to anyone looking for a unique YA paranormal story.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment