Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Lucky 13 Release Day Blitz

Lucky 13
Author: Rachael Brownell
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Releasing date: June 7, 2016
Platform: Amazon, FREE for Kindle Unlimited Subscribers
99 cents June 7th-13th
Cover Design by Cover Me, Darling

Synopsis:

Most people have a fear of the number thirteen. Be it superstition or otherwise, they believe it to be unlucky. For Madison and Grant, a chance encounter, and the number thirteen, sets in motion a series of events that forever changes their paths.

Madison Thompson: I’m a military brat. I’ve lived in more cities and on more bases than I can count. Friends? I’ve had plenty over the years. But those have come and gone as often has I have. I’m about to be a senior in high school… my fifth high school in the last four years. This time, it’s going to be different. My father says were here to stay. The question is… for how long?

Grant Fisher: One more year. Then, I can leave this town and move on to bigger and better things. Small town life isn't for me. I want to travel the world and live in a city big enough that not everyone knows my name. There are plenty of reasons that I want to leave but only one that makes me want to stay.

GoodReads Link: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/29905926-lucky-13

Excerpt:

People have flooded the sidewalk, walking from store to store. You can tell the tourists from the townies. It doesn’t take much. The tourists are walking slowly, looking all around them at the stores and the scenery. The townies are pushing their way through the crowd. I watch as it all unfolds around me. I’m a little bit of both and that makes me wonder which I resemble more.

Assuming the park will still be crowded, I start toward home, sipping my coffee. As I’m approaching the next block, the crowd in front of me parts and I’m surprised to find Grant standing in the middle of the sidewalk. People walk around him on either side, giving him irritated looks for being in their way.

“You know, you’re standing in my way,” I say as I stop a few feet in front of him.

“I was hoping,” he replies, a sexy smirk on his face.

“Why is that?” I counter, playing along with his game of words.

“Because that way you would stop and talk to me.” He sounds proud of himself for coming up with such a cleaver plan.

“Well, you see, a funny thing happened this morning,” I say as I start to walk around him but he falls in step with me effortlessly. “I sent a text to the number you gave me.”

“You did?” He doesn’t even pretend to sound surprised.

“Yes, I did. The person I text didn’t seem to know who I was, though. Why is that?” I ask, doing my best to sound confused.

“I have no idea.” I stop walking and look up at him, challenging him to keep pretending it wasn’t him. “Maybe the person you text was still trying to get over how lucky he was to taste your cherry lip gloss last night?”

“Since I only made out with one person last night—” Grant’s lips crush mine, cutting me off mid-sentence. I let him taste my vanilla gloss for a minute before I push him away and begin walking again.

“Vanilla. I like it,” he comments as he catches up with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment