Saturday, May 3, 2014

Review: Breaking Glass by Lisa Amowitz


Title: Breaking Glass
Author: Lisa Amowitz
Pages: 297
Format: Paperback
Rating: 4/5 Stars
Summary: On the night seventeen-year-old Jeremy Glass winds up in the hospital with a broken leg and a blood alcohol level well above the legal limit, his secret crush, Susannah, disappears. When he begins receiving messages from her from beyond the grave, he's not sure whether they're real or if he's losing his grip on reality. Clue by clue, he gets closer to unraveling the mystery, and soon realizes he must discover the truth or become the next victim himself.
Review: This book came with a unique opportunity rom the author Lisa Amowitz, she offered up two paperback review copies to send around as a travelling book, so of course I was all over that. Basically what a travelling book is, is a book that gets passed along to different readers for all of them to review. In this case we were able to to write in the book, our favourite lines and quotes or what we were feeling at the time.
I really enjoyed Breaking Glass because it was not your typical YA read, it is a coming of age, a horror story, a ghost story, plus a murder mystery. I wasn't the smartest when I read this book because I read it at night so I got a bit scared lol. This book held a lot of secrets, some which I had guessed and others that I would never have guessed. This book is definitely on the dark side and deals with a lot of dark issues, murder, suicide, mental illness and others. I love that the author is a woman and her main character is a guy, so props to her. The ending was sad but there was also closure.
I would recommend this book to those looking for a darker read.



About this author


Lisa Amowitz is an artist and graphic designer by trade, but writing
has always been a deep and abiding passion. As a mom of an actual
teen, she's not just writing YA; she's living it.

She can be found online at: http://lisa-amowitzya.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

  1. Awesome review! I really loved this book so much. Different, spooky, thrilling and just a bit romantic! Glad you liked it!

    ReplyDelete