Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Girl Incredible by Patti Larsen

Girl IncredibleGirl Incredible by Patti Larsen
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Kitten MacLean is such an endearing character. Her corky behavior and eccentric clothing make her a target for snickers and ridicule but Kit doesn't let it get her down. She smiles and sees only the good in people even when most people would shy away and hide. She has such a wonderful imagination and has created an alter ego that allows her to keep her sunny disposition while being one tough cookie. I love that about her.

Her inner strength and kindness just touched my heart. I even cried when she had to face some very challenging situations and a bully that made me want to scream. I think what made her such a lovable character is that she was relatable. I know most people, myself included, have had to face some sort of bullying and it allows you to empathize with her and cheer her on as she faces the sometimes cruel world around her.

A great young adult story, very well written and definitely one that should be shared.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment