Monday, August 1, 2016

Ozarks Indie Book Fest

I had the chance to interview the lovely Jaci Chaney, the woman behind Ozarks Indie Book Fest.  Here is a chance to get to know her and how OIBF has gone from a thought to reality.

Hi Jaci.  Nice to have you here today.  Could you please give us a little background about yourself.  
(Ex. How you started out in the book community.)
I have always loved reading. I happened to stumble upon an indie author and it blossomed from there. I am now an owner/founder of Us Girls & A Book and a full time PA for 5 authors. I love what I do and wouldn't have it any other way.
What inspired you to start OIBF?
I loved what I have experienced at previous conventions. This gave me inspiration for what I wanted to see closer to SW Missouri with the same family friendly feel.
What can we expect at OIBF?
A book conference in its inaugural year that promises to be an unforgettable experience. During your time in Springfield, MO your adventure will include panels related to Editing, How to Sell in International Markets, and why a PA is Important in an Author’s Life; others are TBA. This conference will connect you with many authors that you may not have had the opportunity to meet otherwise. Keynote speakers are being confirmed and will be revealed in the OIBF newsletter.
 OIBF will be hosted at the University Plaza near beautiful downtown which is close to many businesses and activities, as well as coffee at your finger tips with a Starbucks in the lobby of the hotel.
Do you hope to make this an annual convention?
Absolutely
How did you choose the charities, why and what portion of the proceeds go to these charities?
I wanted to see some of the money go to a pet rescue and help out a veteran organization. 100% of the proceeds that are left over after the convention is paid for.
I had to search for the Veteran one because some of them are shady. Did you know that only 1% of your funds you give to some veteran organizations only go to help the veterans out themselves? Companions for Heroes gives back to the veterans completely. I had to do my research but I finally found them.

For the pet rescue I have adopted my 2 cats and my mother's dog from one rescue in Tennessee, I knew they were great because we have adopted through them several times. Why Tennessee do you ask? They are overrun with animals, they spay/neuter & vaccinate the animals and ship them out to the states who are not overrun with animals and work in conjunction with Loving Paws Rescue.
 If you had to choose one thing/person you are most excited about at OIBF, who/ what is it and why?
Having theses charities get the help they need with the indie community involved.
Thank you so much for joining us today.  I know I am super excited to attend Ozarks Indie Book Fest on October 19-22, 2017 in Springfield, MO.   If you would like to attend as an author or fangirl the links to tickets and the official website are below.

Official Website: http://ozarksindiebookfest.com/

Tickets: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/ozarks-indie-book-fest-tickets-18912946131

Hotel information:

University Plaza Hotel & Convention Center
The hotel and convention is located at: 333 S John Q Hammons Pkwy, Springfield, MO 65806

You can go here to book your room or if you prefer call. the number for reservations is (417) 864-7333. The group code is “OZARKS”

Official Bloggers:

Reading For Fun (Tina Donnelly)

No comments:

Post a Comment