Saturday, August 30, 2014

Review: Ruby Red by Kerstin Gier

Title: Ruby Red
Author: Kerstin Gier
Series: Precious Stone Trilogy #1
Pages: 336
Rating: 4/5 Stars
Summary: Gwyneth Shepherd's sophisticated, beautiful cousin Charlotte has been prepared her entire life for traveling through time. But unexpectedly, it is Gwyneth, who in the middle of class takes a sudden spin to a different era! Gwyneth must now unearth the mystery of why her mother would lie about her birth date to ward off suspicion about her ability, brush up on her history, and work with Gideon--the time traveler from a similarly gifted family that passes the gene through its male line, and whose presence becomes, in time, less insufferable and more essential. Together, Gwyneth and Gideon journey through time to discover who, in the 18th century and in contemporary London, they can trust.
Review: I'm pretty sure I have had this book sitting on my shelf since it was released in 2011 and I have finally got around to reading it. I have read a few time- travel books in my time but this one was really extra special because not only did it have time- travel but it dealt with secret societies and conspiracies. I loved it! I did find it to be a bit slower of a read but only because there was so much information to learn about who is who and the rules and expectations of time- travel. I feel like we won't know who the bad guys are until the end of the series, but I like making predictions about it. I enjoy these characters just as much as in book one. I feel as though we have just scratched the surface with most of them so I have yet to make any conclusions about them. I don't know who I can trust, but I still want, no I need more. This is a great sequel to what I know will be an intriguing series. I would recommend this to time- travel lovers.

No comments:

Post a Comment