Friday, August 15, 2014

The Singing River by R.K. Ryals

The Singing RiverThe Singing River by R.K. Ryals
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I guess I should begin by saying that this is my favorite book to date by author R.K. Ryals. I'm not sure I have enough words to describe how much I loved this book. Such a beautifully written story that grabbed my heart and didn't let go.

With so many emotions swirling around in my head as I try to write this review, I can't help but get choked up all over again. This book has pain,heartache and sacrifice but it also has healing, love and new beginnings. A truly elegant story with relatable characters that tug at your heartstrings.

Haven was my favorite character in this book. I loved her for her strength and compassion. She was raised by a single mom after her father left and to say they were poor is an understatement. Instead of being angry and resentful, she worked hard and loved just as hard. Her relationship with her mother and the elderly neighbor showed the true depths to her character. She always put her loved ones needs before her own dreams. She even showed kindness to strangers that live on the wealthier side.

River is from the wealthier side of the tracks. Demons have reeked havoc not only on him, but his brother Roman. With Roman going down a dangerous path, River decided to take him away to his family's cabin. River never expected that the girl who had shown him kindness would be going as well to assist his uncle.

The Singing River is a beautiful story that I highly recommend you read. I am looking forward to the next book that is Roman's story.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment