Friday, August 15, 2014

Review: Young Miss Holmes, CAsebook 1-2 by Kaoru Shintani

Title: Young Miss Holmes
Author: Kaoru Shintani
Pages: 384
Rating: 4/5 Stars
Summary: Christie is Sherlock Holmes' precocious niece. She lives in a beautiful home with her maids and her giant dog Nelson, who look after her in the absence of her parents. Her maids include the proper Annemarie and the unrefined, uneducated Nora, whose skill with her "Snake Tongue" whip occasionally comes in handy. Though Christie hates studying, she loves using logic to solve mysteries, and so she often ends up helping her uncle and Dr. Watson solve their cases.
Review: This is the first manga book that I have ever read and I actually bought it by mistake. I purchased it online and it was categorized as a graphic novel, which once it arrived I realized that, that is not what it was. Once I got used to reading it backwards and from right to left, I flew through this read. I loved the illustrations and I also enjoyed that there were multiple cases in the one volume. Another thing that I really enjoyed was getting to see how both Christie and Mr. Holmes got to the solution of the problems. I would recommend this to anyone who enjoys manga and also Sherlock Holmes stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment