Sunday, July 13, 2014

Review: Chloe Doe by Suzanne Marie Phillips

Title: Chloe Doe
Author: Suzanne Marie Phillips
Pages: 208
Rating: 4/5 Stars
Summary: I'm still two girls living inside one skin...
My soft center is the Chloe I was born to be;
the outer shell, as thick as armor, is the girl
I was forced to become.
The place they send seventeen-year-old Chloe Doe is better than where she was. Better than the streets, or so she's told. The Madeline Parker Institute for Girls is the place that can change her-- that is, if she can let go of the past that has nearly destroyed her. 
Inspiring in her ability to overcome, Chloe Doe is poised to show the power of perseverance and, above all, hope.
Review: I grabbed this book to read off of my shelf because I was looking for something short and fast, boy did I pick right haha. The main reason I bought this book was because the cover intrigued me, and then so did the summary. This is a sad, yet inspiring story of a girl overcoming a bad childhood and a tragedy. I really enjoyed this book because it felt real and I think that a lot of people could relate to it. I did read a few reviews of people saying the subject matter was too graphic, I disagree. I felt like the actions were only assumed not gone into great detail about. We know what happened but without going in depth.
I really think that Chloe was a strong character. She had her childhood stolen, and then was saved I guess you could say. She was trying to, not start over, but to overcome what she had gone through. Chloe showed a tremendous amount of growth. 
I wouldn't recommend this to anyone looking for a fluffy read because that is not this book. I will definitely be reading more by this author.


About this author

Suzanne Marie Phillips is the author of 3 critically-acclaimed novels for young adults, as well as the adult thriller, I Will Come for You.

No comments:

Post a Comment