Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Review: Sideways Stories from Wayside School by Louis Sachar

Title: Sideways Stories from Wayside School
Author: Louis Sachar
Series: Wayside School #1
Pages: 128
Rating: 5/5 Stars
Summary: There'd been a terrible mistake. Wayside School was supposed to be built with thirty classrooms all next to each other in a row. Instead, they built the classrooms one on top of the other...thirty stories tall! (The builder said he was very sorry.)
Review: I remember reading this book as a kid in grade three and I remember it being my favourite part of class. When I saw the series on Bookoutlet I had to snatch them up. This book is perfect. It is wildly entertaining and laugh out loud funny. I love that each chapter is about a different character but they all mingle together. Sachar has one of the wildest imaginations ever and I love every crazy minute of it. I think all teachers should read this series to their students. They were a pivotal point in my education for sure. And there are a lot of lessons that can be learned from them. If you haven't read this series you need to ASAP!



About this author



Louis Sachar (pronounced Sacker), born March 20, 1954, is an American author of children's books.

No comments:

Post a Comment