Thursday, July 24, 2014

Review: Half Bad by Sally Green

Title: Half Bad
Author: Sally Green
Series: Half Life #1
Pages: 394
Rating: 4.5/5 Stars
Summary: Half Bad by Sally Green is a breathtaking debut novel about one boy's struggle for survival in a hidden society of witches. You can't read, can't write, but you heal fast, even for a witch. You get sick if you stay indoors after dark. You hate White Witches but love Annalise, who is one. You've been kept in a cage since you were fourteen. All you've got to do is escape and find Mercury, the Black Witch who eats boys. And do that before your seventeenth birthday. Easy.
Review: After seeing so much hype about this book I decided why not pick it up and give it a go. I'm really glad I did and I really enjoyed Half Bad. I loved the premise and I loved how everything played out. I will say that some of the scenes were fairly graphic but otherwise I loved it. I liked that it's from a males point of view, I enjoyed the little bit of LGBT involved and I hope we get to see more of that later on. I even liked the somewhat insta- love that we had going on. Mind you the characters had known each other for years and I guess were secret friends lol. Nathan is a super amazing character, he is hated just for being born and he doesn't let it get him down. I'm sure others would have given up and chosen to end things, but he found a silver lining in Annalise. I'm excited to see where that goes or doesn't go. I want more Marcus, like what's his deal. I will be continuing this series and I would recommend it to witch lovers.


About this author

Hi - I'm Sally Green, author of Half Bad. It's my first book - and the first in a series of three, to be published by Penguin in March 2014. I've had a whirlwind 2013, submitting Half Bad to an agent in January (and getting an agent - the wonderful Claire) and then agreeing a deal with Puffin (UK) and Viking (USA) in March. In April I agreed a film deal with Fox 2000 with Karen Rosenfelt as producer (google her!). Since then Half Bad has been sold to more countries, and I've been busy editing Half Bad and have started work on the second book of the trilogy. I live in north-west England. I love to read, walk in the country and would like to drink less coffee (but I know it's impossible - I'm an addict)! My online world will be based at www.halfbadworld.com from November 2013 onwards, but until then, you can find me and Half Bad on Wattpad. Follow me on twitter@sa11eGreen 

No comments:

Post a Comment