Thursday, July 24, 2014

Review: The Everafter by Amy Huntley

Title: The Everafter
Author: Amy Huntley
Pages: 248
Rating: 3.5/5 Stars
Summary: Madison Stanton doesn't know where she is or how she got there. But she does know this - she is dead. And alone in a vast, dark space. The only company Maddy has in this place are luminescent objects that turn out to be all the things she lost while she was alive. And soon she discovers that, with these artifacts, she can reexperience - and even change - moments from her life.
Her first kiss.
A trip to Disney World.
Her sister's wedding.
A disastrous sleepover.
In reliving these moments, Maddy learns illuminating and frightening truths about her life - and death.
Review: I've had this book sitting on my shelf forever and one of my friends recommended that I pick it up so I did. I was drawn to this book because the cover is hauntingly beautiful and I want to know the story behind it. I really enjoyed the plot of this story. I liked how we were given random glances int Maddie's life but they were all connected and meant something. This novel is kind of a thriller, suspense and it through me for a loop. I had thought something totally different had happened. On the downside I felt like The Everafter read a bit slow for me, even when we were near the climax. The Munchousens aspect was my favourite part of this book. I would love to have more of that part of the story and it would have been cool told from the mother's point of view.

No comments:

Post a Comment